Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or really committed to your resolutions, marathon and cycling season is just around the corner. We’ve decided to compile the top 5 bits of helpful information to get you through your event, followed by some great accommodation offers, ensuring your participation can be your sole focus.
Upcoming sporting events in Cape Town:
- 3 March - Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge
- 8-10 March - LifeCycle Expo
- 11 March - Cape Town Cycle Tour
- 31 March - Old Mutual Two Ocean Marathon 2018
5 Top Tips Before Race Day
- Have your supporters estimate a predetermined spot of where they’ll cheer you on. An encouraging poster can boost not only you, but your fellow cyclists or runners as well. Alternatively, there’s nothing like a ‘YOU PAID TO DO THIS’ reminder to get your blood boiling enough to hike your speed, even if it’s just to knock them out with their own poster.
- According to the super scientific diagram below, you can look forward to mass consumption post race. Just visualise this chart during those uphill struggles and you’ll be okay. (If pizza is not your thing, apparently this also constitutes 17 tacos, 16 donuts or 13 beers if your celebration style only includes liquid).
- Speaking of food, even though there are lovely people along the way providing you with sustenance, if you can find a way to house snacking fuel, do it! Raisins, gummy sweets and mini marshmallows can all give you a much need pick-me-up at the most dire of times.
- Don’t be discouraged when exhaustion sets in. Embrace brief interaction with your fellow runners or cyclists. A smile or a quick comment can be the perfect pep up, just be careful not to let fatigue-induced giggles stunt your progress - this is not the time to allow images of your thighs clapping to cheer you on to leave you in hysterics.
- No amount of chafing or bleeding of unmentionables can change the fact that you’re part of a mere 1% of the population of planet Earth who is brave and dedicated enough to stick to an event like this. Let that be praise and motivation. And use those bragging rights for as long as you see fit!
CAPE TOWN CYCLE TOUR SPECIAL
Also applicable to MTB Challenge, LifeCycle Expo and Old Mutual Two Ocean Marathon
- Spacious apartment with kitted kitchen in prime location - Enjoy the capaciousness of an Airbnb with the additional luxury of 24-hour reception, room service and security.
- Share an apartment with your friends and save. Each room hosts its own bathroom for your convenience.
- Access to a heated pool & gym facility for warm ups & cool downs.
- Protein loaded power breakfast Included
- Carbo-loaded pasta dinner included.
- Room service available
- Massage treatments available
- Safe bicycle storage available (in your room or our secure storage room).
- Undercover parking
TIME IS RUNNING OUT! LIMITED ROOMS STILL AVAILABLE.
Same special applies to Two Ocean Marathon.
1-Bedroom Apartment Special – up to 2 pax
*For only R1600,00 per night (R800 per person sharing) – Minimum 2 night stay
2-Bedroom apartment Special – up to 4 pax
*For only R2700,00 per night (R675 per person sharing) – Minimum 2 night stay
*All rights reserved
*Please note rates are subject to availability.
Don’t miss the gun! Book now.
#RockwellSpecials #CTCycleTour2018 #RockwellLovesCyclists